Sunday, August 29, 2021

Sweet, silly and sexy notes my husband left me with dinner: "Make a salad!”

When we were living in Seattle and my husband had gone back to school, there were many days when we hardly saw each other. In the morning he headed off to classes and I hopped on a ferry to my job across Puget Sound. By the time I got home at night my husband was gone again to his job, but not before leaving me dinner and a note with a funny drawing.

That was cool.

Even cooler? I recently found a stack of those notes I saved. I find them all funny and endearing, but did edit a bad word out of the first one. I also need to warn sensitive readers about the sexually-suggestive placement of a vegetable in the last one.

*Bad word censored
1. The anti-soup man. 

I don't know why he didn't want me to make soup. I think he might have been referring to how I liked to build my dinner around instant ramen, which is usually packed with sodium and little nutrients.







2. The Soup Soy Nazi

Why didn't he want me to eat soy? I don't know...

(For those who aren't fans of the TV show Seinfeld, this is a reference to a stern character who sold delicious soups only to those who complied with his exacting demands.)




3. Singing Socks Lady

This is supposed to be me, in my "hanging around the house" outfit, singing about pesto. I think I'm wearing the boxer shorts I had with cats on them. I don't think this drawing looks like me at all, but he's right about his pesto. It's delicious.








4. Eat your greens!

I'm confused. Now I can eat soup? 







And finally, sensitive readers, avert your eyes. 

Everyone else, I give you:

5. Corn Cob Man



No comments:

Post a Comment