Friday, October 22, 2021

Mom wouldn’t buy him a gumball machine, so boy makes one out of Legos

Harvey and his gumball machine.
Six-year-old Harvey wanted a gumball machine, but his mom didn’t want to buy it.
So the boy got out his Legos and made one instead.

That was cool.
 
“It took him an hour, and it worked,” mom Sarah said of the machine Harvey built. “It was simple and brilliantly done. But then he went on to redesign and make two more the next day. Then he made an egg beater.”

“He is smart in ways I have never been, and I love that so much,” she said of the boy whose father is a civil engineer, though she admitted that Harvey’s impulses can also be “irritating, because he often wants to do things he shouldn't be doing. Full of the spirit of life, he stubbornly keeps trying to get what he wants — always, selfishly himself, no apologies.”
 
And as exhausting as it may be to keep up with him, Sarah above all admires his inexhaustible determination to bring his wishes to life. “I am very lucky that I get to be with Harvey,” she said.

Even cooler?

Harvey was born on the day my mother died, turning what I've called "death day" for decades into his birthday. In that way, he has become my spirit animal.

See Harvey with his creation:


No comments:

Post a Comment