|Me hiking Black Hill near Morro Bay.|
That was cool.
Not only because the journal helped me stay grounded at the time, but because I could find it now and enjoy reading the entries on a day when I really needed to be reminded of all the good things there are to be grateful for. And maybe even more, needed a good laugh!
January 17, 1997
1. I’m grateful for the beautiful and amazing view we saw atop Black Hill today, much better than Madonna Mountain.
2. I’m grateful for doughnuts.
3. I’m grateful for Andrews*, and how he and Berger make me laugh, and how he’s always happy to see me.
4. I’m grateful that I’m still young and feel vibrant and beautiful.5. I’m grateful/glad for the feeling of water. That such a simple thing can feel so good.
6. I’m grateful for Texas-size margaritas for $3.50 at Hudson’s in flavors like watermelon, raspberry and kiwi, with big paper umbrellas that actually fold down.
January 19, 1997
1. I’m so f--king grateful that I didn’t have sex with Andrews; I’m grateful no clothes came off. I didn’t even touch him. Just kissing. I wish it hadn’t happened, but I’m grateful, that is all.
2. I’m grateful that no man has tried to have anal sex with me.
3. I’m grateful for showers, and the feeling of renewal afterward.
4. I’m grateful that I have my own room.
5. I’m grateful there was no video camera last night.
January 21, 1997
1. I’m grateful it was raining, so I didn’t walk by the journalism building today.
2. I’m grateful for the deliciousness of the potatoes and eggs I can make in the morning, they never cease to satisfy me.
3. I’m grateful for all the rain, because the green mountains are so beautiful. Breathtaking.
4. I’m grateful for my car.
5. For strawberry preserves, and cheesecake to pour them over.
6. I’m grateful that tomorrow is another day, and I can try something new.
January 22, 1997
Oh, this is going to be a hard one...
1. I’m grateful that I can cook, and I still have things like chicken and rice to make.
2. I’m grateful that I have a credit card, so I could buy toner for my printer.
3. I’m grateful that I’m healthy, and young.
4. I’m grateful that I’ve been to Paris, and London.
*Not his real name.